Guidelines for Oral Presentations
The approved abstracts will be incorporated into and become part of a series of respective white papers. The drafting of these papers will be handled and coordinated by the session co-chairs.
The oral presentations and discussions will be arranged according to the following themes:
- Wave Retrievals
- Near Surface Wind Retrievals and detection of Extremes
- Doppler Shift Retrievals
- Sea Ice Retrievals
- Sensor Synergy
- Methodology and Techniques
- Future Missions
- Applications (Oil Spill, Ship Detection, etc)
For each of these themes we will have a sequence of plenary sessions that will last for up to 105 minutes and include:
- Keynote presentations (~ 1 hour)
- Extended theme discussions (~ 45 minutes immediately after each keynote presentation)
For the plenaries we kindly ask you to prepare 4-6 slides using the following structure:
- Key objectives
- Innovation (new findings and achievements)
- Remaining knowledge gaps and deficiencies
- Outlook and recommendation
The slides will be aggregated into the respective keynote presentations. Each author will soon be contacted by the session co-chairs for more details.
Following the sequence of the plenary sessions we will break into parallel theme panels to further discuss innovative methods, gaps and future needs including calibration/validation issues (~ 6 hours). You are welcome to prepare additional material for these panel meetings. Each panel will then be invited to report in plenary on the theme discussion and outcome.